Monday, November 13, 2006

Shampoo Minus The Shower

I just got back from an extremely busy weekend in New York where I was going non-stop from 7:45am to 1am each day for an internship program. Sleep took a backseat to the task at hand, which was trying to get an internship for this summer. What kept me going during these ridiculously long days (other than caffeine)? Clean & Clear Instant Oil-Absorbing Sheets and Psssssst Instant Shampoo.


When I'm very active throughout the day, my skin tends to get shiny and my hair falls flat within a few hours, and by nighttime I need to take a shower if I want to look great for going out. Also, because this weekend I was interviewing all day, I was nervous and sweatier than usual, so I needed products that could be applied quickly and easily and have a lasting effect.

I've posted before about my love for Clean and Clear sheets (see my earlier post We all shine on...), so I won't go into much more detail about how they're so amazing, but if you have normal to oily skin and find your forehead is looking a little shiny by mid-day, pick up a package of these.

On to the Psssssst. Psssssst is a dry shampoo in an aerosol can that you spray on your scalp when your hair is flat or your roots are a little greasy. Once you've sprayed (follow the directions, it's easy to use but you'll only get the right results if you follow their tips) you let it sit for a minute, brush your hair and then, MAGICALLY, your hair looks clean and bouncy. It doesn't look 100% as good as when you shower and blow dry it, but I'd say it's about, well, 87% as good, which is fantastic if you're low on time.

There are other dry shampoos out on the market, but the most popular products (by Stila and Bumble and Bumble) are hard to use powders that are very expensive. I've also heard that they're messy and don't blend into all hair types. One great thing about Psssssst is that it's completely blendable (again, follow the simple directions) and won't get on your clothes. Oh, and the stuff is around $5. Love that part.

It's not only for people with thin hair, it's also great if you straighten your hair or get regular blowouts, to keep your style for an additional few days.

And on a final note, the retro 70's packaging (and not fake retro, real retro, as in it's been the same for over 30 years) and fun and onomatopoeic name (c'mon, you know you want to say it out loud) make it a really fun product and a conversation piece next time people come over. As an added bonus, with the pop art look you could easily put it on a coffee table and say it's a Koons or a Warhol piece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. I think it's awesome - hilarious, totally relevant, and a great read. Keep it up!

Meg said...

Thanks! If you ever have any questions or post ideas, shoot me an e-mail!

-Meg