Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Spanx To The Rescue!

A while ago I was browsing through Us Weekly (I was at the dentist's, I swear) when I came across a short interview with Jessica Alba where she was quoted as saying, "I wore Spanx under my Fantastic Four costume... Spanx are the only thing that smoothes out all of my lumps and bumps." My first thought was, "Jessica Alba's got cellulite? Score for normal girls everywhere!" See my friends, stars really are just like us. Then I went on a mission to find myself a pair of these miracle hose.

Spanx are available online, at most major department stores and at a lot of lingerie boutiques. I bought myself a pair of "All the Way" hose, which look the same as the cheapo CVS nylons I normally buy, but do a fantastic job of making my stomach, hips and legs all look slimmer, showing no "lumps and bumps" and NO panty lines. They won't take 10 lbs off your body, but they'll certainly make a difference. They were also far more resistant to runs than my normal nylons, but just as all good things must come to an end, after 6 or 7 months, the Spanx got a run and I had to throw them away.


So I'd mostly forgotten about the magical Spanx until I was browsing through Nordstrom on Sunday and came across these. They are REVERSIBLE tights, one side black, the other dark brown. I have to admit that I'm easily impressed by any product that is 2-in-1 or multi-purpose, but you gotta admit that that's pretty cool.

I love wearing skirts year-round so I was excited to find tights that would keep me warm even in New England winters with the added benefit of "holding me in." These are also perfect for the holidays, as you can eat as much as you like at Thanksgiving dinner and no one will ever know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to come across the coolest things! Thanks for sharing them with us. I'm a dedicated reader! (the reversable tights and instant spray shampoo are my fave shares)

Meg said...

Aww, thanks so much Bella! I love being able to share cool finds with everyone. If you ever have any questions or post ideas, shoot me an e-mail!

Angela said...

Recently I was at Target, and I discovered that the woman who invented Spanx now does a lower-priced line(they have underwear, tights, and hose) sold in that store--I have a few pairs from Nordstrom myself, but these are just as good, and about 20-30 dollars cheaper!

Meg said...

Angela, thanks for the tip! What's the brand name? I'd love to pick some up to do a comparison. Thanks!