Saturday, January 06, 2007

Blog News

Hi everyone! It's a fairly slow Saturday, but I'm semi-on the road, staying at a friend's Bed & Breakfast for a couple of days before I head back to college and posting via a dialup connection. I've got a few great posts planned for the next couple of days, but I thought I would update everyone on some miscellaneous news about the blog.

First, I've moved my RSS feed signup link to the top of the page, and added an E-Mail Newsletter option for the blog. If you're an RSS user, our RSS feed is a great way to receive updates of our new posts as they come up. If you don't know what RSS is, Back in Skinny Jeans has a fantastic post explaining what it is and how it's a great way to keep track of all your favorite blogs. Also, if you'd rather just receive e-mail updates, you can sign up for our e-mail newsletter, courtesy of the FeedBlitz link on the right side.

Also, I've registered www.fakinggoodbreeding.com, which for now will automatically redirect you to my Blogger page, and will always forward to the most current address of Faking Good Breeding.

Finally, Rebecca over at Between My Peers is doing a great project where she creates multiple outfits based on one skirt or pair of pants. It's really impressive how many creative inexpensive outfits she can put together.

So, keep your comments, emails, and questions coming, and expect some great new posts and features this week!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, I'm impressed! I may be good at putting outfits together for almost no money, but technical stuff I am having to learn all the hard way.

My sister encouraged me way before I started blogging to put out an email newsletter. My question to you: is it expensive?

And thanks so much, of course, for the complimentary mention!

Meg said...

Hi Rebecca-

No problem. It's really pretty simple to have a basic email newsletter of your posts. I use http://www.feedblitz.com. Hope this is helpful.

-Meg

Rebecca said...

Thanks. I'll check it out.

:)