Friday, January 19, 2007

Bright Colors For The New Year: Part 2

Yesterday, I mentioned my opposition to the trend of white, gray, silver and gold (as seen in large quantities at the Golden Globes). It's winter, and all I want to think about are bright, sunny, color-filled days of spring and summer, so I've come up with a list of great printed pieces that are guaranteed to pull you out of that winter slump.

Thanks to Poetic and Chic for reminding me how fabulous Anthropologie's prints are!


This dress is young, fun, modern and (very unfortunately) way out of my price range. But a girl can look, can't she? As regular readers of the blog know, I'm a huge fan of stretch wrap dresses; they're comfortable, forgiving, and instantly make you look slimmer, drawing attention to your bust and the smallest part of your waist. What more could you want? I also love the navy and orange color combination, it's a fresh look that you don't see very often.


I love that this dress adapts typically "autumn" colors onto a summery strapless a-line dress. The bandeau is adjustable- wrap it around your bust to make you look fuller on top, or wrap it around your waist to show off your curves. Gold accessories would also look fabulous when paired with this dress.


I love the combination of a classic 60's Jackie O shape with a bold abstracted floral print in grass green. The shape would flatter every body shape, but is especially good for women who are top heavy, as the high boat neck will hold you in and the wide skirt will balance you out.


The striking combination of red, yellow, orange, purple and pink is gorgeous, and I think the bright colors are nicely balanced by the more traditional shape of the dress. Yet another one that would look best on apple shapes, but will probably flatter all body types. It also reminds me of my a poster of a Helen Frankenthaler painting that's hanging in my bedroom. If this is still available when my birthday rolls around, it's going to top the list of things I'd like.


This skirt proves that you don't have to look like Rainbow Brite to wear the color spectrum in one outfit. Because it's so colorful, this skirt should probably be paired with a solid top.


Like the previous skirt, this one has so much going on that you'll want to let it be the star of the outfit and wear it with a solid top.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I swear, we're long-lost twins or something...these are just what I have my eye on over at Anthro... ;-)