Friday, March 23, 2007

Contest Entry #4, Christina from Bon Bons in the Bath

Today's featured routine comes from the lovely Christina Hull, the blogger behind Bon Bons in the Bath, "a blog for bathing beauties" and anyone who enjoys humorous, fun reviews and commentary on beauty and bath products. Although she focuses on beauty and bath products, her personality really shines through the funny personal anecdotes she includes in every post, and I've found her to be as bubbly and friendly in real life as she seems on her blog.

As a beauty blogger, Christina has tried it all, and I've had a lot of success when I've bought products she's recommended (it helps that we have a similar skin type). She's about the 54th person to recommend jojoba oil (even if you're acne-prone) so I think I'm going to finally break down and pick some up at the drug store today. Without further ado, here is her daily routine.

Christina of Bon Bons in the Bath, 26 years old

Warning: since I run a beauty blog, I am forever changing my routine and what I use. Not only do I do it for my blog, but I also love trying as many new things as my skin can tolerate. Below is the routine I’ve currently been following.

Skin type/color: prone to acne and dryness, extremely sensitive, Asian skin that is on the fair side

Hair type/color: straight, unprocessed, healthy and normal, oily scalp

Morning Routine:

Shampoo: Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin Shampoo, Johnson’s Baby Baby Shampoo, Philosophy Pure Grace Foaming Bath and Shower Cream

Conditioner: Finesse Conditioner Enhancing for Normal Healthy Hair

Body Wash: I am everywhere when it comes to what I use to cleanse my body. However, lately I’ve been using Sabon NYC Glycerine Soap in Lychee, Philosophy Pure Grace Foaming Bath and Shower Cream and Elemis Sensitive Cleansing Wash

Face Wash: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. For all the crazy beauty experimenting I do elsewhere, I will never stray from this one. That’s because my skin is so finicky and I know it’s going to be a riot if I try to go anywhere else.

Toner: Since my skin is so sensitive, I don’t use a toner. I find that the less I use on it and the simpler I keep my routine, the clearer and calmer it is.

Face Moisturizer: Purpose Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion, SPF 15. My dermatologist recommended this to me when I was in high school and I have been using it since. It’s a light moisturizer and also has great sun protection.

Body Moisturizer: I don’t always use a moisturizer on my body, to be honest. I actually prefer to use a body scrub instead. Since body scrubs are made from oils and butters, they moisturize at the same time that they exfoliate. If I need to use a moisturizer, I go to L’Occitane Amande Firming and Smoothing Milk Concentrate for a light moisturizing touch, or California Baby Calming Botanical Moisturizing Cream when my skin is feeling especially parched.

Foundation: If I want some coverage, I go with DuWop Revolotion Face in Caitlin

I love this stuff because it provides good coverage for a tinted moisturizer, while still giving your skin that sheer, natural look. Plus, it contains sun protection against both UVA and UVB rays.

Blush: Tarte Cheekstain in Flushed. This is my absolute favorite. If I go very bare bones with my makeup, I at least make sure to put this on. It gives my skin a dewy, youthful finish and is so easy to apply.


Mascara: Right now it’s Lancome Fatale which is great at thickening.

Lip balm: Oh my goodness, I’m such a lip balm whore. I’ll use almost anything short of a Crisco. But at night, I always coat my lips with Smith’s Rosebud Salve before bed.

Lipstick: I’m not a big fan of lipstick because I find that you have to be more precise at applying it. So I usually go with tinted balms or lip glosses. Lately, I’ve been enjoying Tarte’s Rise and Shine Plumping Lip Stain.

Night Routine:

Face Wash: Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash is the face wash I use to remove my makeup and cleanse my face.

Toner: None

Face Moisturizer: Same as morning. In addition, at night, if my skin is feeling extra dry, I’ll soak a cotton ball in jojoba oil and swipe it across my skin. I know, it sounds totally frightening wiping oil across your face, but it is amazingly moisturizing and softening.

Acne Medication: I use Dr. R.A. Eckstein’s Azulen Paste as a spot treatment. It is a sage green color so you don’t want to use this other than at night when no one can see how freaky you look (hehe).

Body Moisturizer: Same as morning.

1 comment:

Christina H. said...

Thanks for inviting me to participate! It was a blast!!