Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday Finds: Summer Cardigans

Last week I received an e-mail from a reader looking for summer cardigans:

dear meg,
this is a bit off-topic, but could you possibly run a piece on summer cardigans? they are surprisingly difficult to find, and as a college student (and a geographically isolated one, at that) i don't have a ton of time to spend shopping. just simple, flattering, black cardigans -- everything these days is a tunic, but i find that those are impossible to pull off with any amount of body fat.
thanks!

I have to agree with the anonymous commenter, it seems that retailers are tunic crazy and have pushed the homely cardigan to the back racks. But that doesn't mean they don't exist, and after a fair amount of searching, I've found a few great, reasonably priced cardigans that should work well for you this summer and even year-round if you layer.

Anthropologie "Darcy" cropped sweater, $88

Susina Cap Sleeve Pointelle Cardigan, from Nordstrom, $48

Frenchi Half Sleeve Cardigan, from Nordstrom, $32

BP Three Quarter Sleeve Cardigan, from Nordstrom, $38

Halogen Cap Sleeve Wrap Cardigan, from Nordstrom, $58

Charlotte Tarantola "Sally" Cardigan, from Nordstrom, $94

Gap Solid Cropped Cardigan, $39.50

8 comments:

papagena said...

Old Navy has some great simple ones, and they are amazingly cheap....$25 or less! Plus they are all over the place. I stocked up on a few, they are flattering, and work with everything!

willikat said...

i love cardigans... love 'em. good roundp... i'm gonna have to go find them!

ambika said...

The Nordstrom one is cute but the model looks like she's smelling something bad.

Anonymous said...

banana republic has some as well, though they are slightly more expensive.

Corey said...

I simply adore the pink wraparound one!!!!!!

I think I spied some at Ann Taylor Loft... that were on sale!

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,

This is completely unrelated, but since that was a reader question, I thought I would ask my own. I was wondering if you could do a post on what is the protocol with getting your makeup done at the makeup counters at department stores? I have a friend who does it all the time before big evenings out, but I'm always too nervous to even approach them. First of all, is it tacky to get full face makeup done there rather than just ask to try a single product or two? What do you say to them? Are you expected to buy all the products? Any answers would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Meg said...

Hey Anon- Great question! I'll try to have that up next week. Coming up with post ideas is always a struggle, so I always appreciate reader questions!

daddylikeyblog said...

i am totally buying the nordstrom one. i'd been looking for something exactly like that. thank you my dear!