Monday, March 05, 2007

Trench Coats for Spring

Hi, my name is Meg, and I'm a trench coat addict. Naturally, I was really excited to hear that trench coats are "in" this season, but I didn't need the stamp of approval from fashion editors and designers to wear one of my many trenches. I wear them in all weather, and I admit to sometimes getting excited about the prospect of rain so I can show off my coats in all their glory. But really, have they ever gone out of style? Every time I wear mine, I feel like Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca. There are certainly worse actresses to feel like.

When I was browsing through Nordstrom's outerwear site (as I tend to do when I'm looking for a pick me up), I came across these two beauties:



Two very different looks that reflect different parts of my personality, but both are stunning in their own way. Unfortunately, they're just a bit out of my price range (ha), so for now I can only pine.

But if you're in the market for a trench and on a limited budget, there are lots of great offerings this season, many for under $100.


This is a classic trench that will never go out of style and will instantly make any outfit look more put together and sophisticated.

You don't often see empire waist coats, and with pretty ruching at the bust and arms, it's sure to stand out.

I love polka dots and this trench comes in black or dark brown.

With big buttons and cargo pockets, this coat is a little mod, a little nautical and very trendy.


The piping on this coat adds polish and professionalism.


And finally, don't be afraid of a little color in a coat! Bright red and oversized white buttons are a great combination and you'll be sure to stand out on even the dreariest days.

3 comments:

annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Ooooh from the trenches!!!
One of the best things I ever ever purchased is a simple tan trench coat with really big brown buttons, and about a 10-inch swatch of gold-olive velvet trimming the bottom edge. It's most likely my favorite item of clothing.
Vive la trench!

Meg said...

Amen Annie, Viva la trench! Your trench sounds gorgeous... it's coats like that that a girl never forgets (and you wouldn't forget anyway, as this will likely last you forever).