Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Finds: Sheer Tees

I received the following e-mail a couple of weeks ago:

Hi Meg -

Your readers seem great on helping people find certain fashion/beauty items, and I thought I'd come to you with something I'm searching for, in case you wanted to post it.

There was a Sex and the City episode in which Carrie was wearing a sheer white scoopneck tee with a white cami layered underneath. I love the clean, modern look of it and while I already own a similar cami, am looking for the sheer tee.

Preferences:
3/4 or full length sleeves
Machine washable
Not terribly long in the torso
$30 or under

Thanks!
Angie


Though I don't remember that specific episode of Sex and the City, I know the look that Angie is referring to, the crisp combination of white on white is so fresh and summery, especially when paired with dark denim. And a 3/4 length or long sleeved top is great for cooler nights when you want a little more coverage. Here are a few of the tees I found that fit Angie's requirements:


Realitee Puff Sleeve Pointelle Tee, from Nordstrom, $28


J.Crew Perfect Fit Boatneck Tee, $29.50



Gap Elbow-Sleeved Ruched Scoop Neck, $19.99


Gap Elbow-Length Scoop Neck Tee, $12.99

Old Navy Tiny Fit U-Neck Tee, $12.50

If any has any other suggestions for where to buy a similar tee, let Angie know in the comments. And as always, I love hearing from my readers! If you have a question you'd like me to answer (finding an item of clothing or anything else), feel free to e-mail me at fakinggoodbreeding@gmail.com.

6 comments:

scarlettholly said...

American Apparel always have sheer tees which fit well and look "clean". I have a couple that I wear to death.

Distar said...

hey who won the contest btw?

Anonymous said...

Meg,
I have an etiquette question about the subject of wearing sheer clothing. I work in a public school, directly with the students, so I have to abide by the school dress code. One of the rules is that no tank tops are allowed.

But, one of my favorite things to wear is my black tank top under a sheer, black blouse. It's very comfortable and I personally think it looks pretty respectable, not too casual or anything. I cannot wear tanks without a bra ( even the kind with the built-in bras), so the bra straps do show a bit, but I wear a black bra so it's not really noticeable.

My question is, do you think that wearing a tank top under a see-through blouse would violate the school rule or just in general make me look unproffesional? Thanks, Hope to see an answer(+:

Meg said...

Hey Anon- I'll try to have that up in the next couple of weeks! Thanks for the question!

Chic Mummy said...

J. Crew's featherweight cotton tees are lovely and sheer - i often wear them with a tank underneath.

Anonymous said...

I don't recommend the Old Navy one, whenever I wear mine the sleeves get stretched out which is strange because the sleeves don't even touch my arm to begin with.