Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Finds: Best of Bluefly Semi-Annual Sale

I've spoken before about the discount-enduced stupor I enter every time I visit Bluefly or browse a clearance rack. I often overlook how flattering the particular piece is on my body, instead focusing on the brand name and that low, low price tag. The inevitable result is buyer's regret, as I end up spending too much money on a piece that doesn't fit well or flatter my body. For this reason, I've banned myself from discount designer stores until I learn some damn self-control.

But that doesn't mean that I can't look, and I certainly couldn't hold back on sharing my favorite sale pieces with you guys. Bluefly is currently holding their semi-annual sale, with additional markdowns on already deeply discounted clothes and accessories. Strangely, I couldn't find any information on the website regarding how long the sale will last (I'm going to assume it's more than a few days for this reason) but with a limited number of each item and size, there's no guarantee everything will still be available in a week or two. Don't take that as an invitation to buy impulsively though... I wouldn't want my bad habits rubbing off!


Vera Wang navy mesh belted pin-tuck dress, available in sizes 4,6 and 8
Original price: $475
Sale price: $259


Lotta Stensson black sequined chiffon mod dress, available in size 8
Original price: $395
Sale price: $209



Vera Wang teal crepe pleated tulip dress, available in size 10
Original price: $380
Sale price: $209.99



Sweet Pea midnight jersey crochet v-neck blouson top, available in four colors, in sizes small and medium
Original price: $104
Sale price: $52


Vivianne Tam black silk picot trimmed shift, available in sizes 0, 4 and 8
Original price: $450
Sale price: $239


Y-yigal daffodil strapless mini bubble dress, available in size 6
Original price: $315
Sale price: $179


Abaete olive gabardine "Marnie" dress, available in multiple colors and sizes 0,2,4,6,8 and 10

2 comments:

G.G. said...

Yeah, great bargains to be found there for sure. I spent most of Saturday just browsing. I like your picks--contemplating on the Audrey Hepburn frock... Glam Boy will freak out, though. He thinks I have too many LBDs as it is!

dianabobar said...

cute dresses