Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday Finds: Hot Weather Dresses for under $30

I hate how retailers are always pushing shoppers to shop for the next season. This is especially bad now that the Christmas season begins in mid-November and lasts until early January, but even now, when it's pushing 90 degrees day after day, every store and catalogue is littered with fall fashions. I don't know about you, but the last things I want to think about right now are sweaters, leggings and anything made of corduroy, wool or denim.

Now that I'm done with my summer internship, I'm spending the next month at home in Michigan, bumming around and spending most of my days watching daytime TV (the 2-5 pm block of Ellen, Martha and Oprah is a must-see) and laying on a lounge chair in the backyard catching up on my pleasure reading. I don't want to spend a lot of time planning outfits, and my priority is staying comfortable and cool, so I'm drawn to light dresses for a fool-proof lazy day outfit. Lucky for me, stores are trying to get rid of summer clothes, so I was able to find a lot of cute dresses on sale, all for less than $30.


Lux Hollywood Dress, from Urban Outfitters, $29.99


Kimchi & Blue Flutter Babydoll Eyelet Dress, from Urban Outfitters, $19.99



Forever 21 V-Neck Dress, $24.80


Forever 21 Knit Babydoll Dress, $15.00



Trapeze Dress, from Old Navy, $20.00


Lux Knit Wrap Dress, from Urban Outfitters, $19.99

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Meg -
All of these dresses are pretty adorable! I wish I could wear the ones with the tiny tie straps, but I have a bit of a bigger bust, and I despise both strapless bras and visible bra straps, even the clear ones; however, the fall will be here before we know it and I'm sure the dresses would look very cute with a little sweater overtop!

Also, I don't know if you read Perez Hilton, but sometimes he does this "Seperated By..." where he compares picture of celebs with pictures of, well...just about anything - Mr. Potato Head Dolls, Muppets, animals, etc. Anyway, I was just browsing his site and there's a pic of Amy Winehouse right next to a pic of Bellatrix from Harry Potter! The "Queen of All Media" totally stole your idea!

Ishuku said...

OT, but I found this and thought of you!

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2007/07/lancome-le-magnetique.html

Deja Pseu said...

Cool dresses! Literally.

Meg, I've tagged you as a Rockin' Girl Blogger. Go here to find out why:

http://unefemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com/2007/08/moi-really.html#links