Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday's Best of Blogs

Gala Darling ignores Ellen Barkin's terrible advice and writes her own list of 10 rules to live by.

Fashionista discusses the issue of banning smoking ads from women's magazines, as promoted by congress. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was annoyed that the ban would only apply to women's mags, not men's.

The New York Times has a fascinating article on the financial sacrifices many working and middle class women are making in order to get plastic surgery.

I didn't realize that Kiehl's had released a Mexoryl/Parsol 1789 sunscreen until I read Capitol Hill Barbie's post. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that L'Oreal will start using these ingredients in their drugstore brands as well.

For a great time waster, check out this website for Iwanex Studio, a professional photo-retouching company. Click on "Portfolio" and take a look at the before and after pictures of celebrities. You'll be amazed at how much they photoshopped natural beauties like Penelope Cruz and Katherine Heigl.

And if you haven't already, don't forget to enter our contest for a $25 Sephora gift certificate! You can learn more about the contest here.

4 comments:

Fabulously Broke in the City said...

L'Oreal in Canada already has it in their Ombrelle line...

I find it to make my face quite shiny and almost as if I'm wearing a protective metallic, transparent mask on my face.. heh :)

Kristin said...

Part of me wants that studio to retouch all my photos! (The other part of me is quietly vomiting in a ficus in the corner.)

That's astonishing.

knoxwhirled said...

Someone needs to tell Ellen Barkin the rule: "no fish lips"

Anonymous said...

This is utterly unrelated to this post, but I was vacationing in NYC this weekend and went to The Town Shop on your recommendation. I *love* my new bras (and bra size - over the last year I've gone from wearing a 36B to a 32E!) Town Shop rocks!