Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Finds: Rain Boots

It's been raining non-stop for over a week here and I've practically been living in my trench and rain boots whenever I'm not in my room, curled up in bed with my laptop and a cup of tea. It's hard to think about pretty dresses and high-heeled shoes when you're spending most of the day avoiding puddles the size of swimming pools, but that doesn't mean I'm not trying to inject a little style into my outfits. In the last couple of years, the classic rubber rain boot has become trendy, with high and low-end designers creating signature versions. The colorful, printed boot is now ubiquitous, and seeing people walking around wearing leopard print rubber boots is the norm, not the exception.

I'm not a huge fan of the crazy prints, as most of them are pretty juvenile (clouds? skulls? no thanks.) but there are still plenty of cute boots in stores right now. Here are a few of my favorites:

Metallic Tweed Rain Boot, from Urban Outfitters, $38

Tretorn Plask W, from Zappo's, $129.95

Xhilaration Zandra Rain Boots, from Target, $19.99

Hunter Original Rain Boots, from Zappo's, $98.95

Houndstooth Rain Boot, from Target, $19.99

Plaid Rain Boots, from Urban Outfitters, $34

7 comments:

K-Spice said...

J Crew also has some fabulous ones this year--I just got a yellow pair for myself!

Ms. P&C said...

Hurrah! Yes - it's been raining all week here too! I saw some other cute rain boots at Banana Republic yesterday too - rubber on the bottom, but topped with wooly fabric around the calf. Cute!

Anonymous said...

it's been raining for most of the week in tranna too.

quite honestly, i love the rain because it measn i can wear my rainboots.

they aren't beautiful, but functional, however i just love wearing them, paired with skinny jeans and my polka-dot umbrella.

xo

sabina

Abbey said...

I don't live in a climate where it rains a lot, but we get a lot of snow. I picked up these gorgeous boots this week, they were a splurge but they are amazingly warm and comfortable.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a question about rain boots. I had a pair a couple years ago when they first started getting popular. I ran into a dilemma about the logistics of wearing the, however.

Do you tuck you pants into the, or leave them out? I found that when tucked in, my jeans seems uncomfy and bunched (this was before the skinny jean became so big). However, when I wore the boots by themselves (with a skirt, for example) I found that the boots were very loose and make clappity-clap noises as I walked.

Do you have any suggestions?

Meg said...

Anonymous- I tend to tuck my pants into my boots, because I think it looks better, feels more comfortable and protects the bottom of my pants from getting soaked. I haven't had a problem with my pants getting bunched, maybe because I wear boot cut jeans, but I try to kind of fold the bottom of the jean around my leg before putting my foot in the boot, so it lays flat against my leg instead of bunching. Thanks for your question!

-Meg

Karen said...

Thank you for this post -- it helped me decide when I felt torn between the yellow Target boots and a pink pair with a flower pattern. Yellow it is!