Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Anniversary, FGB!

I can't believe it, but this week marks the one year anniversary of Faking Good Breeding! I've written about my experience as a blogger in the past, but I just wanted to take this post to thank you, readers and commenters, for making this blog into more than just a little vanity project.

The idea that people actually care enough to read what I've written on the topics that interest me still amazes me after a year. Your insightful comments have elevated the site and taught me so much (more than once I've changed my position on an issue in response to a great group of comments). Knowing that I have such intelligent, thoughtful readers motivates me to think harder and write better, and you inspire me to stick with this site through good times and bad. Writing this blog has given me a tremendous amount of fulfillment in my life and I thank you for sharing the experience with me.

Happy anniversary, FGB!

18 comments:

Rae said...

Wow!! Happy anniversary, blog!!! You're going pretty strong - please keep it up, I need my daily dose of FGB! :P

Cate said...

happy anniversary, blog and meg! i agree with rae...keep it up, and congratulations!

Brava97 said...

Happy Anniversary, Meg! Even though I'm old enough (barely) to be your mother, I enjoy your writing a great deal and look forward to reading your thoughts on fashion, makeup and life. Many happy returns!

WendyB said...

Happy anniversary!

wyn said...

You've done a splendid job in just one year. Happy anniversary and good up the good work. :)

Luwanda said...

Happy anniversary! I don't comment very much I read your blog at least once a day. It's great to hear about affordable beauty products that aren't going to bust my college student budget!

ambika said...

Here's to another year of awesome, articulate, thoughtful posts on a range of topics!

mfm said...

congratulations, meg! i've been reading for a few months and wanted to leave my first comment. i went to smith and i love that smith is (still) producing such interesting and talented women!

Anita said...

Happy Anniversary, FGB & Meg. I'm another on who's (barely) old enough to be your mother, yet yours is one of the blogs I look most forward to reading each day. I appreciate all the time you give to this project, and esp. the links you provide to your research articles. Thanks so much!

Ms. P&C said...

Congratulations Meg!!! It's an exciting milestone. I like to think we're sort of in this together - since P&C is only a few months "older"...
All my best wishes...You're on your way lady!!! Here's to more years of success...

Beauty Bug said...

Meg, Faking Good Breeding and Bit by the Beauty Bug have the same anniversary! Happy anniversary to both of us :)

Kalyn said...

Happy anniversary and thank YOU, Meg! I've really enjoyed reading your blog. FGB is one of the few sites other than my email that I check every day!

Kelly Mahoney said...

Congratulations, it's a big day!

Kiley said...

Congratulations! I've only been a reader for a week, and I've come to really trust your opinions. Not to mention the insightful and honest words you've recently said about women's beauty (the Dove commercial). Thanks so much for speaking your voice :)

Abbey said...

Happy anniversary!

Kylie said...

Congrats Meg, you should be proud! I love that I can read a beauty/fashion blog that isn't dumbed down or pretentious.
Thank you!

jeni said...

Woohooo! Happy anniversary!!

tangobaby said...

Happy Anniversary! This is an inspirational blog that I always look forward to reading.