Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday Finds: Winter Coats

Call me superficial, but one of my biggest fears surrounding global warming is the possibility that winter coats could become obsolete. My friends, a world without coats is not a world I'd like to live in. Luckily for me, despite experiencing warmer temperatures these past few winters, I was still often able to employ my lovely coat collection (all but my heaviest "snowstorm in New England" puffer, which, to be honest, I was happy to give a break).

Perhaps it's a bit early, but I'm already thinking about winter coats. I'm like a kid in a candy store when the stores begin stocking them, with visions of frolicking around campus in a bright and cozy wool coat filling my head. I'm a big fan of the coat trends this season: bright colors, bold prints (mmm houndstooth!), feminine cuts and interesting details (high collars, empire waists, pleating, over-sized buttons). Here are a few of my favorite coats, all for under $150:

Tulle Wool Houndstooth Round Pocket Coat, $113

Coffee Shop Short Wool Blend Melton Jacket, from Nordstrom, $88

Gap Wool Lady Coat, $148

Guess Fit & Flare Topper, from Nordstrom, $148
icon

Lux North Country Coat, from Urban Outfitters, $150

Scooter Brown Houndstooth Jacket, from Nordstrom, $128

Tulle Vintage Wool Coat, $105

Gap High Collar Coat, $128

8 comments:

Kathleen (a loyal Washington reader) said...

Meg, I couldn't agree more! This morning it was cold enough in D.C. to pull out a new belted black wool trench with matte bronze buckle-- and it just made me so happy inside. Enjoy a season of fabulously fun coats!

Anonymous said...

Winter is ever-so-wonderful when you have a warm and stylish winter coat!

Check out these coats:

http://soiakyo.com

They're from Montréal, Canada and make stylish (and WARM!) coats. I've scooped up two of them and couldn't be happier.

xo

Sabina

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the short red coat is to die for. I need a companion for my baby pink peacoat...

Kaitie Tee said...

Ooh I love the black lady coat from the Gap!

lisa said...

Meg, I think you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to a coat and jacket addiction! You have some lovely choices in this post. I recently posted about some of my favourite wool coats from the Victoria's Secret website on my blog. Check it out if you have the time. =)

WendyB said...

I like that belted red jacket! I have WAY too many coats. Must.Resist.Temptation.

Anonymous said...

WHERE is SATURDAY BEST OF BLOGS??!?!?!?!?

jeannie said...

Just passing through...I love your site! Btw, I have the Tulle coat in green and even though it was 80 degrees in LA, I bought it anyway! Even now it's not cold enough to wear but hopefully it will get cold enough soon. :)