Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday Finds: Winter Gloves

Back in August when I was choosing what clothes to pack for school, I decided to leave my gloves, hats and scarves at home, assuming that it would never get that cold before Thanksgiving, when I'd be back to pick them up. Oh how wrong I was...

By Halloween temperatures were dropping into the 30's in the evenings and no matter how bundled up I was, my exposed hands left me chilled. Since then, I've decided that I need to upgrade my glove collection, which currently consists of a basic pair of black wool gloves and a pair of brown leather ones. I've been eyeing a lot of the more glamorous elbow-length styles, which would look fabulous under a cropped jacket. And I was planning on asking for a pair of cashmere gloves for Christmas, but with two months of cold weather between now and then, I'm not sure if I can wait...

Here are a few of my favorite gloves in stores right now:


Nordstrom Long Cashmere Gloves, $42

Isaac Mizrahi for Target Tweed Glove, $17.99


Urban Outfitters Leather Gloves, $38
Alice Temperley for Target Fingerless Gloves, $14.99

Target Cashmere Mittens, $19.99

Urban Outfitters Long Lady Gloves, $18


Portolano Ruched Cashmere Long Gloves, $57

6 comments:

Meg the Florida Bargain Queen said...

Oooooh, I can't wait till I can bring out my gloves, scarves, and winter hats. I looks like tonight will finally be chilly enough. Right now it's still 60 degrees - cool enough to notice, but warm enough to look ridiculous in full winter gear.

Anonymous said...

Meg, I did exactly the same thing. "Oh well, I'll be home at Thanksgiving, and I can't possibly fit anything else in my bags". Only problem is at 10:30, it's already 42 degrees out there. I'm eyeing those cashmere gloves now....great finds!

Anonymous said...

Where are you that it was 30 degrees at night? I thought the past month had been warm nearly everywhere. Oh dear, am I really so out of touch with the rest of the country?

Anonymous said...

yuck! you really are an old lady!

lalaliu said...

Oh I love gloves! I was surprised that it actually got cold because where I live there are really only two seasons - summer and a mix of fall/spring. :)

LIFE JUNKIE said...

Love Target's tweeds. The price is right, too!