Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday's Best of Blogs

The New York Times says that there's no scientific proof that natural or organic beauty products are inherently safer or more effective than their chemical-containing counterparts.

Jack and Hill
review Aussie makeup company Becca and aren't impressed.

Eric Wilson, guest blogging on On the Runway sums up Roberto Cavalli's collection for H&M with "there’s really not much difference from what you might find under the “street walker” section of the costumes on sale at Ricky’s."

Robin Givhan of the Washington Post discusses feminism, performance art and Hillary Clinton.

The New York Times
has a great article on the mixed messages women are sent about how to act and succeed in the workplace.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Parisjasmal said...

Hooray Eric Wilson--his take on the collectino is hilarious and sadly accurate.

My husband long ago grounded (ha) me from buying clothes at H&M proclaiming they were "disposable clothes". I know he is right, but when people like Madonna and other icons have "collections" there much to my chargrin, I am drawn like a moth to a flame to check it out.

I am interested to see is Valentino's Middle East show had any native models also.

Have a great day!

Parisjasmal said...

sorry--COLLECTION, however I like collectino. I think I shall forever refer to Valention's collections simply as "collectino".