Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Finds: Holiday Cards 2007

One of my favorite holiday traditions is buying holiday cards to send to family and friends. I've spoken before about my love for stationery, and in recent years there has been a huge increase in the number of paper designers to choose from. Last weekend I was browsing Urban Outfitters when I came across a set of beautiful cards by the Philadelphia-based letterpress design studio Bird and Banner. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an image of the cards online, but they were unlike any holiday card I'd seen and I bought a few boxes on the spot. If you love artsy holiday cards but don't have a great stationary store nearby, there are a number of talented designers whose work is available online. Broadway Paper is a fantastic resource for better-known printers, and if you want something that's really one of a kind, check out Etsy.

Here are a few of my favorite holiday cards:

Snow & Graham Pine Cones Cards, $14

Style Press Hanukkah Presents Cards, $16

Broadway Paper Snowman Cards, $12

Elum Designs Hang a Star Cards, $12

Broadway Paper Peaceful Bird Cards, $15

Snow & Graham Birch Cards, $14

Broadway Paper Ornament Joy Cards, $15

Snow & Graham Partridge Cards, $14

5 comments:

EthidiumBromide said...

Why buy cards when you can make them? Homemade cards are so much nicer than store bought and show much more thought in my opinion.

Meg from The Bargain Queen & All About Appearances said...

Please consider submitting the Fabulous! Festival holiday edition. The form is at
http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_1548.html.

The deadline is tomorrow morning EST, but let me know if you have any problems submitting : )

WendyB said...

That snowman is cute. And ethidiumbromide, why buy cards? Because you have to send cards to 200 people and that's a little too much work with construction paper and safety scissors for moi.

Zenobiah said...

Or you can get some handmade cards at Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/category_sub_sub.php?tags=paper_goods.cards.gocco

G.G. said...

Oh how gorgeous!