Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Finds: Holiday Party Dresses

As of now, the only holiday party I'm attending is an "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party" that my friends are throwing, a perfect cheap and cheesy gathering to take our minds off finals stress. My mom has donated one of her favorite Christmas sweaters, fully embellished with sequins, beads, little knit balls and even an applique Santa on the back (she wears this without irony and I love her for it). Even though I don't have any swanky parties on my calendar, I love perusing the glamorous holiday party dresses that are filling the stores. I love this season's trend of more structured, body-conscious dresses, and the return of more classic styles that won't go out of style in a season. I may not have an occasion to wear any of these, but hey, a girl can dream.

Here are a few of my favorite holiday party dresses:

Eliza J Jewel Neck Party Dress, from Nordstrom, $118
icon

Donna Ricco Silk Georgette Dress, from Nordstrom, $118

Isaac Mizrahi for Target Taffeta Couture Bodice Dress, $49
icon

Jones New York Surplice Silk Babydoll Dress, from Nordstrom, $178
icon

As U Wish Two-Tone Party Dress, from Nordstrom, $74
icon

Maggy London Cutaway Silk Dress, from Nordstrom, $138
icon

Kenneth Cole Reaction Pleated Silk Dress, from Macy's, $111.75

Evan Picone Iridescent Taffeta Dress, from Macy's, $109

Maggy London Sequined Dress with Belt, from Macy's, $119.25

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have fun at the ugly christmas sweater party. i went to a "bill cosby sweater party" last year and it was a hoot.

xo

sabina