Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All Good Things Must Come To An End...

I've put off writing this post for a while, partly because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say, mostly because I didn't really want to have to acknowledge that I'd be ending the blog for good.

Last month I announced that I would be hanging up my blogging hat. Writing this blog and interacting with its amazing readers has been one of the most exciting and personally fulfilling things I've ever done in my life. FGB has opened my world up in ways I'd never have expected and led to opportunities I've only dreamed of.

These past few weeks I've dramatically cut down on my posting and I've begun to get a feel for what my life will be like after today when I stop blogging. There's a lot I'm going to miss about this incredible community and the enjoyment I gained from writing and expressing my thoughts on this page. But it also feels so refreshing to regain the freedom I had before I began dedicating 30+ hours a week to managing the blog. I've been able to relax and really enjoy my final semester of college in a way that I couldn't when I was up at dawn writing every morning, every week.

Because I don't know of any better way to express my gratitude to those of you who've contributed to FGB through your comments and e-mails, I want to simply thank you. Though I will probably never meet most of you, you mean a great deal to me and I appreciate the support and encouragement you've given me in the past year and a half.

Thank you.

I'm going to leave the blog up online, though there won't be any new posts after this. In a week or so I'm going to shut down the comments section though, not because I don't want to hear from you, but because I don't want to delete spam comments every day for the rest of my life. If you want to contact me, I'll keep fakinggoodbreeding@gmail.com running and I'll try my best to respond to your e-mail. If you're visiting FGB for the first time and are totally confused by this post, I encourage you to read through the archives or just check out my page of favorite posts.

Again, thank you.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog since I discovered it a few months ago. Good luck to you!

EthidiumBromide said...

Meg, this really is sad news. The internet is full of general beauty/fashion related blogs, but it is rare indeed to find something so well written by a woman of such intelligence and integrity. You will truly be missed.

cate said...

I have spent a truly enjoyable year reading your blog, Meg, and I want to thank you for the effort you have always made in posting clear and well written posts on interesting topics, your willingness to take a sometimes unpopular stand, and your etiquette posts. You will certainly be missed!

Lisa Laree said...

Best wishes in your new endeavors! I've enjoyed reading your postings and will miss them, but I understand that there are bigger things ahead for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great reading material. Your writing will be missed!

Alexandra said...

You will be missed! thank you for all the great posts and best of luck in all your future endeavors!

Anonymous said...

Every Best Wish to You! as you move into a new life, Meg!

I have enjoyed your blog!

Carla

Dana said...

needless to say you've been inspirational to many starting their own blogs, myself included.

thank you for all your hard work and great writing. good luck with the rest of school!

- dana

Madison said...

I just wanted to say that I love you and your blog, and I truly enjoyed reading FGB. It was really something special that made a difference to me every day.

Good luck in whatever else life brings your way!

Libby said...

Yours was the only blog I kept reading after I realized that reading blogs was wasting time that I could have put to use. You have good solid information, sources, and are always honest and true to yourself and with us readers. I always come away with new and interesting thoughts to chew over. It is truly sad to see you go. I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure you will be awesome at whatever it is life throws your way.

Meg from The Bargain Queens & All About Appearances said...

Wow...

I think I'm really getting teary-eyed.

I knew you were going to stop, but I'm really going to miss reading your blog. You've been such an inspiration. I don't know if I'd have started All About Appearances when I did if it hadn't been for you and other bloggers like you.

Please have lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great blog!

Dominique said...

I've been reading your blog for about 6 months, and I never commented. This is my first time. I am so dissappointed. I really enjoy this blog. I wish you the best in school. I'm actually going to apply for the same internship for seventeen that you did, for marketing. God bless you and enjoy your last semester. I'm only in my second year...I wish I could say I was in my last semester...

SGM said...

Oh, I just discovered you and now you're leaving! Sad to hear it, but I understand.
Best wishes to you!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your blog for quite a while. Good luck to ur fuure endeavous. You will be missed!

Kartik
fashionnetworking.blogspot.com
www.fashion-networks.com

Å said...

I recently discovered your blog and enyoyed it thoroughly. Your comments will be missed. Bonne Chance, Meg!

Joanie said...

I've been reading your blog for about a year, and I've enjoyed your posts very much! You always write about (and link to) topics that make me think hard about the social aspects of all this glamor! Thanks for that!

I'll miss new posts from you, but I'm glad you're embarking on the rest of your life! :) All the best to you!

WendyB said...

Oh dear. Good luck to you.

kamo said...

thanks for all your great posts, meg. it has always been refreshing to read such a smart point of view, and i've enjoyed having discussions with the other readers. i'm sad you won't post anymore but it's understandable, i hope you enjoy your last semester of college!